Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Flirting with boycott

Miller High Life.
Again, this is a Burger King level decision. This is the beer at my grandfather's bar for Christ's sake and a summer staple.
What is making me think this? Those fucking Miller High Life Light commercials. The ones that are supposed to appeal to manly men doing manly things. Changing your oil. Trimming your trees. Slapping your spouse around. OK, I made that last one up but the tone of the commercial makes me think of these kinds of guys sitting around in a stained wife-beater drinking beer with their buddies and teaching the li'l missus not to sassmouth.
Anyway, the one I find most annoying is the one where they're making fun of the middle-aged or old guy jogging ("Another 'man' with too much time on his hands. Save the tracksuit for a day at the track."). It goes on, but the jist I get is that they're making fun of a guy for exercising. And they're selling beer.
So drink beer and don't exercise. That will make you manly. And would it kill you to blow your paycheck betting on the ponies? I have a sure thing in the 6th race at Steepledown.

2 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, that scenario is what Miller High Life reminds me of. They don't call it the champagne of beers for nothing.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger The Head said...

Pabst is top notch. But (contrary to what interviews with The Rock say) MHL was Buford Pusser's beer.
What shall I do?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home