Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Disaster averted!

What a weekend. A rollercoaster of emotions.
First we need to backtrack a bit. Weds. night I stayed up 2 hours late to make sure I finished one of the 24 discs from Netflix so I could send it back Thurs. so I could get the last disc of the season mailed out on Friday so I could get it on Sat. and I wouldn't have to wait until Tues. to see theend (it's season 2 - which I hadn't seen before). So by Friday I finished all of them except for the last one. I was eagerly awaiting the last disc. Yes, I am a winner in life obviously.
So Friday I get an email from Netflix. "For Sat: Dr. Strangelove"
WTF??!?!!? That's like 5 spaces down on my queue. Where the fuck is disc 6 of 24 - Season 2?
So I write them a long email saying that this is fucked, I stayed up late, missed work, etc. all in order to time it up right. I get some form letter back saying my concerns are important, they will take them into consideration, etc.

So now I'm looking at like 4 full days until I can find out how Jack Bauer saves the day. Totally unacceptable. You know how 24 is - it's like crack.
Then, being the pragmatist I am, I think - Hey, I still have that Blockbuster Card on my key ring. So I drive way the fuck to blockbuster only to find that they have all of Season 2 except disc 6. It's not rented out, they just don't fucking have it. Man, that must piss off alot of people.

So then I get a vague recovered memory that the guy who runs my weekly poker game has some 24 discs at his house. Great! I call him. Voicemail. Not great.

Then I recall that they just opened a new Hollywood Video near Casa de Head. I call and -angels sing- they've got it! Huzzah! I tell Mathew at Hollywood Video to put it aside, I'll be right in.
Lady Head's got a hankering for a pizza and there's a restaurant right next to Hollywood Video so I order carryout - Life is GOOD!

I get there and they have it, I fill out the application for membership and the guy gives the disc for free since it's my first rental - Life is GREAT!

I go over to the pizza place (first time visiting - it was also new) and find they are cheap as hell. A huge, greasy pizza for $5.65. Life is undescribable!

I go to pay, what's this? Where's my fucking money? I know I had $11 in this pocket. Oh no! Adidas pants pockets strike again! The money must have fell out when I took my wallet out to get my DL and CC for the Hollywood membership. I debit card the pizza and run back over to the video store. No no money found. Ther was this white trash couple behind me. I bet they took the money. they probably saw it fall out and didn't say anything those fuckers. I fucking hate losing money.

Why didn't I have it in my wallet you ask? I respond - shut up.

So my viewing of 24 was bittersweet.

1 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger The Head said...

What the hell are you talking about?
I lead a rich and storied life.
I just got back from visiting fascinating places where I did incredibly interesting things.
Look at my sportjacket!
Love me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home