Thursday, March 01, 2007

Heat Redux

OK, I know I already made a post on that part in Heat that pisses me off. But I watched it again recently and it still pisses me off - even more so if possible.

For those of you that haven't seen it stop reading.

Anyways, besides De Niro's and Pacino's mega-overacting the part where De Niro and his crew have broken into that warehouse-ey type building and are drilling the safe pisses me off to no end. Pacino (the cop) is sitting outside watching De Niro as lookout and they know the entire crew is inside robbing the place. Pacino's got ye olde SWAT team there and they are going to take down this group of violent master criminals. Of course one of the douchey, played-by-a-waiter-who-called-his-whole-family-to-talk-about-his-big-
break-even-though-it's-a-bit-part SWAT guys accidentally makes a noise in the SWAT van and spooks De Niro who calls the whole thing off. That's all fine. The part that enrages me is then the SWAT commander's all "Let's take them" and Pacino's all "Blah blah blah, we've got nothing, blah blah blah, just breaking and entering, blah blah blah, misdemeanor, blah blah blah, let them go."

Now, I'm no lawyer but here's half-a-dozen violent felons with long rap sheets of doing this crap and a bunch of drills and shit at 1am in a warehouse where they punched the lock. Hmmm, I wonder what you do need for them to get into trouble.

Gah! How the fuck did nobody have a problem with that scene when they were making the movie.

Nice job, Pacino's character. All your cop buddies would still be alive if you didn't fuck this up.

I also remember saying in the last, pretty much identical post, that Burt Reynolds' Heat was a better Heat than this Heat. I still stand by that.

Michael Mann sucks. I did like Thief however.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home