Thursday, August 19, 2004

A couple of things I'm currently boycotting due to their advertising

Disaronno Amaretto - due to that commercial where the bartender says "Disaranno on the rocks. Well well." Like she's so mysterious and intriguing because she ordered that. Plus, who says "Well well"? I'm not sure how you punctuate that. And, I'm sorry to say this b/c the guy's probably nice, but could they find a bigger cheeseball to play the bartender or what?
I wrote them about this and got a form letter back.

Chrysler - Celine Dion. Enough said. I'm sure my boycott is crushing them though since the last time I bought a new car is... never.

Burger King - Jesus H. Christ, I never in a million years thought that the mighty Burger King could ever offend me enough to make me boycott it. But those "Office commercials" where they keep picking on the one guy (like the one where he tries to get a catchphrase ["I'm spicy"] and that Vince Vaughn-looking jerk picks on him) enrage me. Which demographic are they going for here? Ex-bullies? I lived on BK in college - the 99 cent whopper - and thought our love would never die.
Also their Angus burger sucks. Usually I don't go for the new sandwiches at places but it's BURGER KING so I tried it. How does BURGER KING screw up a BURGER? Go to Hardee's. They were on boycott, not for advertising but for sucking, and their commercials where they basically said "We know we were terrible, now we're better" got me to retry them and their Angus Burgers kick a lot of ass.

Remy Martin - Even as a broke grad student I always had Remy V.S.O.P. for special occasions (i.e. "Happy Tuesday"). All I have to say is "Remy Red"? Seriously, you're fucking Remy Martin. "Remy Red"? Mixing with fruit juice? You sons-of-bitches.
I'm currently looking for a replacement. For now I'm drinking port after dinner.
I'm not sure if this should be on the list since it's more of a new product/ betrayal reason for boycotting rather than advertising but it's still there.

My lovely wife just informed me theat there's also Remy Purple. Ugh.

More to come.

1 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget Enzyte

 

Post a Comment

<< Home