Tuesday, August 31, 2004

What I'm drinking

Damn it. I had a whole post written and my computer went down.
Anyhoo, here's some recommendations for you and a way of keeping track new hooch I like since now I never write down wines I like and have to go throught this long explanation of what I remember the bottle looking like every time I'm in the liquor store.

Table whiskey: JD. Good everyday drinking.
Irish whiskey: Tullamore Dew. Harder to get in Nashville than in Chicago (go figure). They actuall recommend Power's down here. Plus Power's is like $20 a bottle. Ridiculous.
Scotch: Macallan 12 year when I can afford it.
Vodka: Stolichnaya. At restaurants, Chopin.
Gin: Boodles. I started drinking this on recommendation that it was Winston Churchill's favorite gin (and there was a man who knew how to drink). I find it less "ginny" than Beefeater and Bombay Sapphire. I guess that's the juniper berry but I like martinis made with Boodles than those other two (but they'll do in a pinch).
Rum: Usually n/a but during the summer I like the ocassional daquiri and I ususally have Bacardi Silver for guests. Also my mother-in-law drinks 151 (explains a lot) so we usually have a partial bottle of that laying around.
Tequila: same as above except margarita instead of daquiri.
Port: Fonseca Bin 27.
Cognac: still looking for a replacement for Remy.
Goes-down-way-too-easy red wine: Peace. Inexpensive summery wine. We buy it by the case.
Red: Alamos Malbec. Update forthcoming after I get home and rummage through our recycling bin for the others.
Rose: Marques de Caceres Dry Rose, Rioja. There's another one we like but this is our staple rose. Update to come.
White: La Chablisienne Petit Chablis. Update to come.
Table beer: MHL
Fancy Beer: Guinness, Boddington's, Newcastle.

1 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, Blogger Some Warrior said...

Hey fucko--you seemed to have left Michy Ultras off that table beer list. Nothing better than a Michy (Michelobe) Ultra to take your mind off your problems, make one charming and devilishly sexy with its low-carb content. Plus, it has a pretty prevalent showing in our fridge.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home