Friday, February 25, 2005

Port tasting

Wow. Again. Some people have too much money.
So we tasted 11 (!) ports last night. Pretty kickass. The last 4 or so seemed to have magic "make-me-charming" chemicals in them.
Sat with a group of investment bankers and a couple of music industry type folks. So I felt pretty out of place but someone referred to me as Dr. [Head] and their attitude changed. So they're all super rich but it's funny because the host announced at the end that it would be nice to leave a little something for the staff since they had to place, fill, and wash over 1000 (yes 1K) glasses. And they even gave us dessert (a fromage blanc cheesecake that was pretty kickass as well). I only had $5 in cash so I left that. I was feeling like I should leave more but then I noticed the guy across form me left $2 and the rest of the table left $0. What the fuck??!?!?! These were people that were ordering cases of this stuff. We're talking thousands of dollars in booze here and they can't drop some duckets for the staff?
Anyhoo. Lady Head picked me up and we were off for Head Manor. I played poker and won, in spite of (or due to?), the massive port infusion. Don got to our place at about 12:30 we had a drink and then it was off to bed. Tonight we are going to celebrate Deano's birthday.

3 Comments:

At 2:45 AM, Blogger Joshua said...

Ducat.

 
At 2:45 AM, Blogger Joshua said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger The Head said...

Now you're just being a ninny.
But I'm saying you're wrong again.

According to the rap dictionary, while it's origin is from "ducat", it's spelled "duckets"

Look in some lyrics as well.

http://www.rapdict.org/Duckets

 

Post a Comment

<< Home