Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Huge brains, small necks, weak muscles and fat wallets

So Lady Head and I have been going to 1-3 wine tastings a week now. Well, shit, there's nothing else to do. And when you consider you can get drunk for between $0 and $50 off some top notch hooch then it's even better.
The only drawback is the people. Now some of them are great and fun and intelligent and drunk. But most of them are self-important, NPR-listening boobs with waaaaaaay too much money. Some of the conversation makes me want to vomit.
So tomorrow night there's this port tasting (probably the best idea ever). It's put on by the liquor store that hosted Saturday's tasting (not my liquor store). Now I can fuck up some port fo' sure so I'm going. It's $40 and I figure I can buy any of it from my liquor store (as you close to the Head know, I've got loyalty to my liquor store). Well here's the thing. When I made reservations, the owner of the store got back to me and said it would be free to me. Most likely because Lady Head ended up buying some of the wines we had on Sat. so he probably thinks we're high rollers (you'd think me taking the wine from the empty seats next to me would have tipped him off though). So now I feel like I'm obligated to buy something. I'm not, but now I feel like a wang. I'd rather just pay and get them from my place.
And you thought you had problems.

P.S. Don's coming in tomorrow night as well. We're pretty psyched.

P.P.S. I'm gonna get looooooaaaaadddddeeeeeedddd at the port tasting.

1 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger Some Warrior said...

Obligated to buy something, MY ASSSSSS. Your only obligation is to shut up and enjoy the free port tasting. And think of how we're funding your beloved cable DVR with the money you ARENT spending on port.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home