Thursday, February 24, 2005

Only a lunatic would do this kind of work

Is Henry Silva mentally handicapped? I was watching "Mad Dog Time" the other day (a pretty terrible movie) and he plays this henchman who stands in the corner, spouts out some insane line every now and again, and laughs weirdly. Now, every movie I've seen him in he basically is a wacko that has little to no dialogue (and what he does have is often these crazy out-of-nowhere lines). In "Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai" he was the senile mob boss, in "Sharky's Machine" he was the junkie killer, In "The Manchurian Candidate" he was the Chinese villian, in "Cannonball Run II" he was one of the mob heavies, etc., etc., etc.

Interestingly enough, in his imdb.com bio it says he got his start in theater and has "gift for languages."

Also, in my wine post I forgot to mention the sheer number of mock turtlenecks I see. It's truly amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home