Thursday, May 19, 2005

May the force be with you.

New Star Wars tonight on the IMAX.

I've finally learned how to titrate my BAC at poker. Scotch neat. Cuz if it's on the rocks I drink it way to fast. This way I go slower. See, poker for me is kind of a Legend of Drunken Master thing. There's a narrow window of intoxication where I'm truly awesome. To little and I'm merely very good, too much and I'm basically and ATM for everyone else. But now I'm unstoppable.
Plus, since I have a bottle of Glenlivet next to me, many of the other players want some and, let's be honest, I run considerably better with a few scotches in me than these people do. They're either MD's or scientists for the most part so we're not talking seasoned drinkers for the most part. Of course there is The Homeless Guy but he doesn't drink that much. So I get in my zone and they get out of their's.

Why Glenlivet you ask? Well I was drinking beer for the most part at these things. Then, after taking a particularly brutal beat I said "Christ I need a belt of something." And the host said "I have scotch." and he had a lpartial bottle of Glenlivet. So we finished that off so I broght a bottle next week to replace it abut he doesn't drink it so I started and made some money and now Glenlivet's my Weds. night poker drink. yeah, I know, I'm cheating on Macallan.

Fascinating, isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home