Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Meat Monday

The Evil Twin is leaving New Orleans and coming here for a little while. It seems like he's leaving covertly and in a hurry. Details to follow.

Lady Head and I went to Brooks Bros. last night to gets me a new suit. First time in Brooks Bros. and first time I'm getting a decent suit more than a week before I need it. Needless to say the tie costs more than any of the pants I own but I got a pretty good suit that I look like a stud in. And a pink tie.

Then to celebrate my long-awaited entrance into big boy clothes we went to a new brazilian steakhouse. These places are without a doubt the greatest restaurants ever. They just keep bringing meat until you can't fit any more in. I mean I actually was turning down prime rib and filet mignon. That's how full I was. Plus I'm a fan of the caparinha and they make some good ones there.

Then home for 24 and me getting housed in poker.

Next week could be one of the best weeks ever. Tuesday is a kick ass wine dinner at The Acorn. Broadbent Selections will be hosting "An Evening in France" so we probably can't afford any of it. 4 courses and 8 wines. That reminds me, I have to go to the liquor store today because we are running low on some of the staple hooches.

Then Thursday Richard Freaking Thompson is coming to the Belcourt. I'm super-excited. And then we have plans on Friday to go to Sperry's with Jeff and Kristen.

T-bone (who just graduated med school as whatever med schools call their valedictorian - congrats T-Bone!) and Erin are coming over tonight to watch the first 2 Star Wars since we're going on Thurs. to see the new one. I know, I know, but this one looks more promising. Wookie armies, etc. It'll probably still suck.

OK, carry on.

3 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Blogger Some Warrior said...

I still cant believe your suit cost more than my wedding dress. And it doesnt even have a train or sparkly beads...

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Isabella said...

"staple hooches"

Head, you make me want to put my hand over my heart and pledge to something, like the god-given right to get drunk, eat meat, act like an ass and enjoy one's life.

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger The Head said...

I often have that effect on people. Except for the ass part as I am always a sophisticated gentleman.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home