Wednesday, June 08, 2005

STFU! You got a B!

A nice article on grade-grubbing. I fucking hate these people.
For those of you lucky enough to have avoided ever grading someone, grade-grubbing is whiny students coming to you after the final grades are posted and trying to get you to change their grade.
Typically it's either B students wanting an A or a failing student wanting a D (some that had low F's actually wanted me to change it to a C instead of a D - total douchebags).
You're a complete asshole if you do this.
I fucking hate them. The audacity is amazing. Back in my student days I couldn't imagine calling a professor at his/her office (or home) and complaining about the grade I got. Yeah, and I did walk across campus, uphill both ways, in 3 feet of snow without shoes. Eat it suckas.

1 Comments:

At 2:28 AM, Blogger Joshua said...

I had a professor once who was actually a professional, not an academic, so she worked another real job then came to teach. We could always see her erect nipples. I turned in several papers with glaring grammatical problems (in the first sentence!) and got MORE than the alloted number of points for the paper. But somehow other people got less than A's and were complaining and she went psychotic, screaming "Do you know what I've been through?!?!!!!!! I am going through a DIVORCE and I have DIABETES! What are YOU complaining about?"

It was beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home