Friday, August 26, 2005

Little things cheer me up

So the Head household has been in a minor cash crunch due to some unforseen expenditures (stupid car repairs and a dog we were dogsitting destroying several things - eyeglasses etc.) so we've been conserving funds (I even cashed out some poker money). But last night we decide to splurge and get carry-out.
So last night we go to this sweet wings place for carry-out. This place has the best wings in the city although it is expensive for wings. But, despite what our bank account says, we're still high rollas. Dominos wings? Pshaw! Wing Stop? Fak no. Nope, we go to MacDougal's Chicken Coop biznatches!
So I get there and pay and am waiting for my wings. Then this guy (who turned out to be the owner) comes up and asks if I'm the guy waiting for carry-out. I say sure and he tells me that one of the waitresses accidentally took my wings to this big party in the back and they're making them now but do I want a beer on the house etc. while I was waiting? and they'll give me a gift certificate and refund my money.
I say don't worry about it, I don't mind waiting but 15 minutes later I had my order, $30, and a gift certificate. I asked him if the money would come out of anyone's pay and he said no so I took it.
It's nice to see someone go above and beyond.

Nothing much else today. Sent out a manuscript last night - finally. I have 3 more on the docket.
A few more of those and this crazy get-rich quick scheme of becoming a grown-up scientist might actually work.

P.S. These look delicious. I decree that all Chicago Head-ites go here and eat of them.

1 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Blogger The Head said...

Well, these are really good wings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home