Friday, September 02, 2005

Someday I'll have some interesting thoughts - but that day is not here.

So I was watching Weeds last night and it reminded me of something. I love the theme song, it's a song about how everyone in suburbia is all the same, they live in identical houses, have the same thoughts, etc.
But the whole time the opening is on I'm thinking - wow that's a nice house, that's a sweet car, etc.
I guess I'm just another brainless drone goosestepping my way through life. Or at least that's what I aspire to.

Or maybe I'm not 17 anymore.

On an unrelated note. I think Jay-Z is the most overrated rapper of all time. I saw his "retirement" show and I'm all "So fucking what?"
And yesterday while I was at the vets I read an article on Kanye West and they were talking about how Jay-Z wasn't going to let him rap because he "never hustled", etc.
I can't stand Jay-Z. How'd he get so respected in rap? He sucks. I don't care how many platinum records he has. I don't care how big Roc-A-Fella gets. I'll never drink Armadale (Scottish vodka - who the fuck thought that shit up?). Jay-Z is the posterchild for how shitty rap is these days.

Give me Dre, Cube, Wu-Tang, Snoop, LL, etc. anyday.

Yeah, I know I didn't make a sensible argument. So what?

1 Comments:

At 11:10 PM, Blogger The Head said...

I think you don't appreciate what pimps we are.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home