Monday, November 22, 2004

Love it!

I love sleeping. Love it. Not just sleeping either. I love dozing. Rainy morning dozing with kitties dozing on you. It's too awesome in here to get up. Love it!
Just lie in bed, dozing with the kitties. Then get up and make a huge friggin' breakfast (brunch?). Maybe have a drink. Then watch a DVD or two in bed. Then nap. Then video games. Then read. Then nap.
One of the problems people have is, come 5pm, they feel like they didn't make the best of your day off. Yes you did. You did nothing.
And it was wonderful.
Take a day off. Make sure to make it all about you. Maybe your not like me and have goals. Say "fuck off, you goals!" just for one day. Pamper yourself. Make your own personal holiday.

2nd best is leaving work early. There's something special about driving home on the highway at 2pm (or 11am). It's great. And it doesn't matter what the weather's like 'cause it's always nicer than in work. The highway and the rest of the day are wide open in front of you. So many possibilities. Home or bar? Movie or lunch?
It's up to you.

(I'm actually at work today).

7 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Blogger Isabella said...

You know, i think i might like leaving early even better than calling in, although, in my case, it means i'm out some gas and a 3-friggin'-dollar toll.

Hmm, that would be so good . . to walk into work one day turn on the computer and then loudly say "Psyche!" like an 8 year-old from 1984 and then leave the building. I can only dream.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger The Head said...

They're all good. I will disagree with you Jude. Too much preplanning can ruin it. My fondest memories are getting up early, showering, starting to get dressed, and then...FUCK IT. There's nothing for you out there today. The world's just gonna have to figure out how to fucking run itself without you telling it how today.
I will agree with Bella. Something about actually being at work and then leaving makes you appreciate it more maybe?
Although that's coming from a 7-day-a-week drone.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger The Head said...

You said planning the day before. That's premeditated slacking, which doesn't make it slacking at all for the purists.
Don't call in, don't tell anyone, just don't show up.
You have much to learn in the ways of laziness, grasshopper.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger The Head said...

You got references? You been to college, kid? We only take yeggs what's been to college.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger The Head said...

I'm jokin', of course. We all know you can be useful to us, a smart kid such as yourself, the man who walks behind the man and whispers in his ear. I guess you could be useful, in spades.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger The Head said...

Now you're making me look like a tool.

That's my mother you're pissing on.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Isabella said...

Man, you guys really got a good thing goin' here.

Anyway, i just wanted to brag to the head that i once took a week off of work without calling in. I mean, i called in the first day and said, "i'm going to need some time off. I'll be in in a few days," and didn't show up for a week. The Hun still remembers this. I blogged about it. I was drunk much of the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home