Thursday, December 09, 2004

I'll make him an offer he can't refuse.

Put the kettle on, I have stories.
Baby on Board has asked me to be li'l Noah's godfather! I'm giddy as a school girl. That little guy will benefit from all the wisdom and skills I have. Another Head in training. I'm misty.

Well tonight we're having our liquor store manager (David) over for dinner. We are starting with butternut squash soup, then spinach salad with goat cheese and pine nuts. The main course will be rosemary and dijon rack of lamb with garlic mashed potatoes. For dessert will be a Vahlrona chocolate tornado (I think that's what it's called, it's the dense torte with a liquid chocolate center) and ice cream.

He's bringing the wine. Should be interesting.

4 Comments:

At 2:54 PM, Blogger Some Warrior said...

I'm so very proud of the Head. He's a Godfather. I always knew he would be one. Its part of his Italian legacy. And i'm quite jealous. A bunch of my best friends crapped out kids in the last year and i was jockeying for position as Godmother, to no avail. I'm like, the only non-heathen among them and even belong to a church. Plus i coerced the Head into acknowledging and appreciating his half-Catholicness. And i might even get my "Frequent Conversion to Catholicism Card" punched twice because the Canadians are now taking "Convert to Catholicism Classes" because i'm such a shining example of the faith. I endured 9 years of Catholic school. And 18 years of the good old-fashioned guilt that 9 years of Catholic school will put on you. But do i get to be Godmother to any of my best friends babies? Nooooooooo. Sam works half as hard as me and the second best friend of his to have a baby names him a Godparent. Man. Maybe i'm trying too hard. Maybe i need to start paying homage to pagan gods or something. Or maybe i need to get a better class of friends. Or the better friends i have should start crapping out some babies.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Isabella said...

I think you guys would like MHP's new site.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger huzefa said...

Sorry if I digress from the rest oc the comments!! But I'd really like the recipe for the chocolate cake !!

TB

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger The Head said...

Check your email.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home