Friday, March 04, 2005

Friday, bitches!

Martha Stewart party tonight. You guys are all assholes for not suggesting drinks. Do you know the pressure I'm under here to come up with something good?

Sunday is Deadwood Day! (and a new Carnivale) I usually get pretty well to' up doing shots of whiskey the whole night to get into the show more. Plus I don't shower and I let Lady Head kick the shit out of me. She's a raging psychotic (full of that angel's dust).

OK. Why is Little Jon in every fucking song for the past year? And his whole career is based on 4 phrases: "Yeah", "Let's go", "What?", "Okay!"
I think I'm missing one or two but you get the idea.
Sorry, I just realized that sounds like the beginning of a bad stand-up bit.

Why has Clancy Brown become a respected actor but Brian Thompson hasn't? People used to confuse them all the time. There can be only one!

After a week and a half my iPod and iPod charger were finally in the same building so I have protable music again. And this is the first time I actually did work in that time. Coincidence? Or has my sweet "Pimp" playlist have something to do with it? It's actually a workout playlist (hence the heavy rap representation) but I needs to get going at work so it works as motivation there as well.

Here it is:

Fatal - The RZA
Cali Folks - Styliztic
Terrorist Threats - Westside Connection
Natural Born Killers - Dr. Dre and Ice Cube
Smooth Criminal - Alien Ant Farm (Still love this song)
High Plains Drifter - The Beastie Boys (a classic off their best album)
True Crimes - Bishop
Let's Get Retarded - Black Eyed Peas (still sticks with me - it's a happy song)
Raise Your Hands - Bon Jovi (Raise 'em bitches)
The Stroke - Billy Squire
Clan in Da Front - Wu-Tang Clan
Emerge - Fischerspooner
Eye of the Tiger Remix - Ice Cube, DMX, et al.
Fist Full - Cypress Hill and Defari
Let It Rain - Cypress Hill
No Rest for the Wicked - Cypress Hill
Quarter to Three - Gary "US" Bonds (I have this scratchy version that sounds like it's coming from a record player - awesome)
Saturday Night Fever - Lords of Brooklyn (super cheesy but it makes me giggle)
She and Mrs. Jones - Lords of Acid
Voodoo-U - Lords of Acid
California Dreaming - Tupac and Dr. Dre (one of the all-time top songs)
Gypsie Good Time - Kid Loco (Slowed it down at the end - grabbed this off a different playlist - I love Kid Loco)
Madroad Driving - Johnny Depp (probably my all-time favorite thing evah!)

OK. As you can see I am bored since I just transcribed my playlist I'm listening to.

11 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Blogger Isabella said...

Little John= so boooring & talentless. i went for a six mile run with the dog yesterday.
ok, walk/run. but here is the best i can remember of my playlist:

Oasis- Stay Young
OUtkast - So Fresh and So Clean
CCR -- Fortunate Son
Garbage -- Push it
Smashing Pumpkins -- Zero
Rolling Stones -- Beast of Burden
Local H -- Born to be Down
Jet -- Are you Gonna be my Girl?
Fugees -- Ready or Not
B-52s -- Roam
Prodigy -- Breathe
The Shins -- Caring is Creepy
Fleetwood Mac -- Gypsy
The New Radicals -- You get what you Give
Soup Dragons -- Divine Thing
Weezer -- Hashpipe
Cure -- Lovecats

eclectic.

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger The Head said...

I have to disagree with you there Isabella. Neither playlist is "eclectic."
Eclectic would be something like:

Who's fist is this anyway? - Prong
Resurrection Symphony - Mahler
Whiskey River - Willie Nelson
Beer Barrel Polka - Kalendar Band
Rags to Riches - Tony Bennett
Omo Pupa
Poing - Rotterdam Termination Source
Blue Yodel #1
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
Barbie Girl - Aqua

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Isabella said...

Dood-man, dooood, i don't know.

i got Fleetwood Mac, Outkast and the B-52's on there. There was more but i couldn't 'member. Past selections included the Judds, Roger Miller, Warren G, T Rex, Modest Mouse (of course), Oingo Boingo and Carl Orff.

The Head, Wang Chung tonight.

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger The Head said...

C'mon Isabella. It's mostly pop stuff no matter what genre in pop you put it in. That and a little classic rock. Reminds me of...

"Oh we got both kinds. Country AND Western."

Plus I hate that crappy "alternative" stuff that doesn't see it's mainstream.
And for the Stones, the mighty Stones, Beast of Burden? You can do better than that.

 
At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont know about eclectic, but you both have some pretty solid selections of pop on your playlists. Head, I typicaly think you listen to crap, but I can agree with some of your songs, being lifting songs and all. Any way I thought this was a pretty funny discussion of pop music I found on the net. A Lonely individual relating only to the music and not other people "fans" in order to refute an idea of pop lonliness

"Theodor W. Adorno, in Introduction to the Sociology of Music, says that popular music gives the listener the mistaken impression that a song exists solely and specifically for the listener and maintains that because of this effect, popular music isolates individuals from one another, even beyond their usual loneliness. Radiohead is an exemplary case. Of course, Adorno had not heard Radiohead when he wrote his critiques of popular music (and other art forms). If he could hear OK Computer, The Bends or Kid A, he would realize that Radiohead makes music you relate to deeply, as though the band is expressing your feelings more eloquently than you can. You feel a relation to the music, not to the band and not to other fans."

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Action Randall said...

I have my MP3 on random-all tracks, and I just hit next ten times to see if I can hang.

10. Def Leppard – Hysteria (crap, that HAD to be first, didn’t it? But at least you know I’m not cheating)
9. Reverend Horton Heat – Couch Surfin’
8. Depeche Mode – Master and Servant
7. Frank Black – Sir Rockaby
6. Kings of Leon – Razz
5. N.E.R.D. – Rock Star
4. Turin Brakes – Average Man
3. Tennessee Ernie Ford – Honey-Eyed Girl (haha, I shit you not)
2. Clutch – Subtle Hustle
1. Paul Westerberg – Knock it right out

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Action Randall said...

By the way, big time props on the Squire....
And on a side-note, Voodoo-U has the most disturbing cover art ever.

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Action Randall said...

Whoops, not Voodoo-U... I was thinking of Lords of Acid, Our little Secret.
I'll leave you alone now.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger The Head said...

Harley, I love Clutch. "Clutch" is my favorite album.

Mr. Wells, I feel the Ogler Bros. sold out on their last couple attempts.

Fat Nick, you listen to crap. And you need to get a fuller range of motion on your lifts.

 
At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, first of all, I want to see a post on the Martha party and Deadwood.

Second, I don't think my taste is all that eclectic, but because I'm an "interval trainer" (meaning I'm a smoker and get winded faster than I should) I run and walk therefore I have music of different speeds on my player. Most of it is hip-hop'ish or sort of Brit-pop so never mind what exactly, all of it is good. The other day though I caught an odd transition on shuffle mode:

Peggy Lee - Winter Weather
RZA - Samurai Showdown
Neko Case - Things That Scare Me

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Action Randall said...

It's all starting to make sense now. I call that the "Mars" album, even though it was clearly the moon. It's my favorite too. It rocks, plus there are nostaglic reasons.
I have to say they "brought it" with Blast Tyrant though.

(Finally the comments seem to be working. I could leave a comment all day. And I've never been one to keep something to myself.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home