Monday, May 02, 2005

Bone ripping

What the fuck is going on with Comedy Central? They have some fantastic shows such as The Daily Show, Chappelle Show, South Park, Reno 911, etc. interspersed with some of the most godawful piles of shit ever to flicker on the television. I mean Con? Who the fuck let this dil-rod have a show? The Graham Norton Effect? Blue Collar TV? The list goes on and on. They pay people there a shitload of money to develop good shows and this is the crap that comes out? I guess this isn't specific to Comedy Central or even TV (like those assholes that make movies. I mean Electra?) but it's really noticable recently. [Disclaimer - I have never seen Con and for all I really know it could be the best show ever, but I'm pretty confident it sucks donkey balls].

The very idea that A Lot Like Love exists makes me want to nutpunch myself. I don't get Ashton Kutcher. I also can't stand Paul Giamatti. I know, he's not in it, but he still sucks. Michael Pollard does the same thing so much better. Also, I hate that Thomas Haden Church is getting parts and David Caruso got his career back (I think I'm repeating myself now).

Now to good things. Family Guy is back!
Fox finally wised up. I loved the beginning where Peter listed all those cancelled shows. Seth MacFarlane also said that The Cartoon Network would have some kind of deal for the new shows since they were instrumental to bringing it back. Hope that happens.

Personally, Lady Head and I are going to Chicago this weekend. We're pretty pumped. T-minus 4ish days and counting.

Also, anyone have any Deadwood predictions?

EDIT: OMFG! I just remembered that Patrick "Loverboy" Dempsey is starring in a new show. That's about as bad as Church's return. Kill me now.

2 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

First off, Paul G-Daddy fuckin' rules. I can understand the whole Sideways backlash and it being a bit hated--but the guy is a damn fine actor. Recently re-watched Amercian Splendor and the man acted the shit of out of that one. Hope you're not pulling the annoying-let's-talk-movies-lady-at-work thing and think unattractive people shouldn't be leads in movies stance. Though I doubt you are and have some weird personal thing going on. Ever seen Safe Men? Small part that under anyone elses care would have been a crap joke role--but the G-Mat brang Veal Chop to life like no one's business. And Comedy Central--to my no-cable-having ass has always been 50-50 crap and greatness. Last time I watched they were showing enough Mad Tv to make one wonder if a health warning should be displayed.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger The Head said...

I didn't like "American Splendor". I like the books a great deal but what screwed up the movie for me was Paul. You could see him acting. It wasn't Harvey Pekar, it was Giamatti playing Harvey Pekar.
He was good in "Safe Men". But there's a confound because Steve Zahn is in that movie so any shittiness by anyone else was overwhelmed by Zahn's.
I should pay for your cable. If anyone almost deserves cable as much as me, it's you. Or is it a "I'd watch cable too much and it would screw up my sand painting/ pottery/ creative writing hobby." reason for not having cable? Since I'm one of your loyal readers I doubt it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home