Friday, April 08, 2005

Friday Night Lights

I was reflecting about H.S. football the other day. Not the "I was a star" type, but how shitty it was. There's some kind of black magic that they use to summon assistant HS football coaches. They need the right blend of insecurity, sadism, and deluded nostalgia.
Then The Perfect Brother sent me this about a parent (Robertson) shooting the head football coach.
Best part of the article:

Miller said she didn’t want Robertson portrayed as “a lunatic” because he wasn’t the only one frustrated with the school’s athletic program.

“A lot of parents are upset. This is not a single incident, and if they don’t take care of it, it could escalate,” she said, declining to elaborate.

Apparently, from the article, the coach made his (the coach's) kid the quarterback.

Fuck Texas.

Back to my gridiron days. I think they can be summed up thusly: One game The Evil Twin rushed for 125 yards. In the same game I had 110 yards in penalties.

1 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Blogger Isabella said...

"rushed for 125 yards", "110 yards in penalties" . . what do these things mean?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home