Monday, April 11, 2005

Blo-jak

Alright, Kojak is very disappointing. Ving Rhames spends way too much time "talking people down" and being all smooth with the ladies and not nearly enough time throwing people through walls. Seriously, have you seen Ving Rhames? He's fucking huge. Watching this show is like watching The Incredible Hulk play chess. C'mon, smash the board already. Let's get back to our roots Ving.

Deadwood does not disappoint however. I love Charlie Utter. He could be one of my favorites on this show. He's all "How do I look in this frock coat?" bumbling around, but you just know he's a total badass. Next week I think we'll get to see that.

I didn’t know the actress playing Jewel (Geri Jewell) actually has cerebral palsy.

For the Chicago folks, you all should go to this. I'd be joining you, but Lady Head and I will be going to Gary Regan's Cocktails in the Country. I'll come up for next year's.

Lady Head's garage sale went swimmingly. If swimmingly is 4 ladies getting trashed while haggling.

24 night tonight. I think the show's getting to be a little too much. How many fucking consecutive plots are there? And even with terrible intelligence, etc. this shit ain't gonna happen. That guy took that stealth fighter. No one recognized him on the base, he killed 2 people on base, and they still let him take it?
And the soap opera shit has got to go. I mean the world is about to explode in 30 minutes, our man Jack (ninja) fucking stabs himself to improve his cover and the other people are all like "I'm your boss." "No, I'm your boss."; "When did you sleep with him?" "It's none of your business."; "I want more pay."
24, get back to your roots.

Also watched Exorcist: The Beginning this weekend. Wasn't as awful as everyone said. However, when the natives were attacking the British position there were like 50 natives charging about 20 or more soldiers with rifles and a huge friggin' machine gun. They still overtook the position. Now, I'm not a military tactician or anything but I've seen Zulu. That shit ain't gonna happen.

That night at about 4am there were fire trucks and ambulances outside our neighbor's. Their toddler had a seizure. Nothing permanent, they think it's just fever-related.
I was thinking how fucking scary that would be if we had a kid and that happened to us at 4am after watching The Exorcist. Hemingway said something about how no matter how tough the guy is he's a scared little boy at 3am. Does anyone know this quote? I'll think you're really smart if you can find it b/c I can't.

Also, very excited about Warm Springs. Love Kenneth Branaugh.

3 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Blogger Isabella said...

four ladies getting trashed?

that is nothing if not swimming in the bestest sense.

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger The Head said...

My bad, five ladies.

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Action Randall said...

Hmmm, I'm only about 4.5 hours from Chicago.

I can't say enough good things about Deadwood. I don't have HBO, but I bought the first season, I'm already watching it for the second time, and enjoying it more I think. The only thing that sucks is I have to wait for the 2nd season to finish before I can buy and watch it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home