Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Random Rules

-WARNING- Ghey blogger thing ahead.

So I was reading the onion AV Club and they have an article called Random Rules. Basically a person turns on shuffle on their mpg player and gives us the first couple songs that come up and says something about them. I like this idea and would like you clowns to do it. For those of you with out blogs yet on my contributors list, please guest post it here. If no ipod, if you have a bunch of music on your computer and can shuffle go with that.
I'd like the first ten songs and something about them. No cheating to make yourself look cool. We all get a little crazy with the downloading sometimes so we understand that you have Britney or whatever on there.

Here are mine:

1) Slowboat to China - Charlie Parker

Wow, I start odd looking totally sophisticated. Really though, I downloaded a bunch of jazz for music to listen to during dinner parties, etc. It's great in the house but, with very few examples, I never play it on my iPod.

2) Harvester of Sorrow - Metallica

Absolutely one of my favorite songs off of one of my alone-on-a-deserted-island albums. Just awesome. Excellent for pumping me up for football or lifting competitions in high school and it still gives me a bounce in my step.
Sigh, Metallica makes me sad. This was a top song at their peak. After this was the decline.


3) The Wrong Number - Kid Loco

Who would of knew I would have gotten so much into Kid Loco. You'd think I'd hate him as I hate a lot of DJs. However, from what I've heard he can do no wrong in my eyes (or ears). Excellent sitting around the house getting high music. Also popular at Head parties (by Head parties I mean me, Lady Head,a nd the critter's private parties where I get wasted and dance about comically, not the head as in "That stinky hippie is a total head." kind of way.)
I'm pissed the one song I can't seem to download is Mr. Flakey which is my absolute favorite.

4) Shut the Fuck up - Wu-Tang and Limp Bizkit

OK. You got me. Fred Durst is a fucking tool but I'd listen to Jessica Simpson if she was singing with the Wu-Tang Clan. Method Man makes a solid showing but he makes me sad too with all his TV shows and whatnot. He should have died with ODB.

5) Scooby Snacks - Fun Loving Criminals

C'mon - a song about robbing banks that has quotes form Tarantino movies in it? Perfect for my level of immaturity.

6) Come on Motherfucker - Clutch

Clutch is awesome. I've been listening to them since college. We used to black out this guys windows and pass around a bottle of wild turkey to Clutch (and Pantera and Prong) before we went out. Those guys got into a lot of fights. A real motivating song in the gym. Definitely NSFW though.

7) Wheel in the Sky - Journey

Journey is so wonderful. No matter what, whenever I hear any Journey song I have fond thoughts of Logan Square in general and the Bob Inn specifically. Especially of Turbo rocking out Dangerfield-style to Anyway you want it. It was a magical time.

8) Holla Back - Gwen Stefani

Yeah, in many ways I'm a 13 year old girl. Gwen Stefani is another one that's always right. I love this song and often dance to it for Lady Head's amusement.

9) Brass Monkey - Beastie Boys

Looking back on this list it is apparent that I'm still in High School. But fuck you, License to Ill was an awesome album and Brass Monkey is an awesome song.
Has anyone ever had a Brass Monkey? Or know what it is? I've heard it as OE 800 and OJ and also some other OJ drink with rum and vodka.

10) Relax - Frankie Goes to Hollywood.

The Ash-holes will remember me being so drunk that I kept confusing this song with Duran Duran and singing "Reflex" instead of "Relax." Ahh, good times: "Reflex, don't do it..."
I also occasionally shout out to Lady Head or others "Hit me with those laser beams - baum baum baum"
Am I gay? Maybe.



and cue Evil Doctor's smartass "Damn kids and your fancy do-dads" comment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home