Friday, February 03, 2006

The pussification of The Head.

Hot Rod broght it to my attention that I haven't posted in a while. See what Chris Penn's death did to me? You're lucky I didn't erase the blog in mourning.

Yesterday I got gypped out of a free Panera lunch because I RSVPed to this lunch weith a speaker but never heard back. So I go down to the conference room and the speaker's not there yet. But I counted 8 lunches and 7 people so I figured I was out. I go back upstairs figuring I'd let them eat and then go back. So 1/2 hour later I walk into the room and they're all "Uh-oh." So I'm all "Uh-oh what?" and they're all "He just ate your lunch." while pointing to this tiny asian guy that never says a word. Turns out he was crashing the lunch and they waited to see if I was coming for 10 minutes.
I place 80% of the blame on the douchebag prof. that didn't confirm my RSVP (did he think I'd magically know where and when the fucking lunch was? I had to find out through other channels). 15% of the blame goes to the department (seriously, scientists are shitty responders, if there's going to be 8 people, order 10 lunches). 5% of the blame goes to me for being such a pussy. I can tell you that in Chicago I would have had a lunch for sure, even if I had to take someone elses.
Which broght up a good point Lady Head and I discussed. Have I been broken down? Am I less of a man than I once was since we moved down here? I believe so. Can I be rehabilitated to the heroic figure I once was?
Discuss.

P.S. I saw Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance last night and I now consider Chan-wook Park second only to Takashi Miike in weirdness in cinema. Yet I can't help but watch.

2 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Blogger The Head said...

So I haven't been beaten down!
Yay!

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Some Warrior said...

Ash-hole, i'm laughing so hard at that story i think i might crap my pants.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home