Monday, February 20, 2006

BK, Milla, Crash, and Whiskey

I'm toying with re-enacting the Burger King boycott because of the "Dr. Cheesey" commercials. I find them annoying and heavy-handed. I see what they're trying to do and they've just failed miserably. The whole "We're in on the joke -wink-" shit doesn't work at all.
And this coming off that awesome dancing girls making a whopper commercial that first aired during the Super Bowl. I went out the next day and got Whoppers the next day because of that commercial.
Fuck you BK.

How the fuck is Milla Jovovich in Ultraviolet instead of Aeon Flux?
Nothing makes sense anymore!

On the Evil Doctor's recommendation I watched Crash this weekend. What a joke of a movie. Hey I have a great recipe for a sure-fire Oscar-winning movie. Take some low-hanging fruit, mix in some actors starving for serious dramatic roles, add a huge dose of demagoguery and let cook for two hours.
C'mon.

Because of our memberships in various things we get a ton of free magazine subscriptions. This weekend I excited to see in one of the club magazines an article on Irish whiskey. I was pretty excited because I like several Irish whiskeys. The author was a LA Times writer that often acts as their drinks correspondent. Yay!
The article was awful. First off, he kept saying he's never met an Irish whiskey he didn't like. Not one. Now I'm not a fancy journalist - no, stop, seriously I'm not - but part of being a critic is not liking everything you're exposed to (a la Homer Simpson). He even went on about how great the poteen was that he had in Ireland. For the ignorant, poteen is liquid straight from the still. Around these parts it's known as moonshine and, no matter who's making it, it is awful.
Then he was talking about different brands of Irish whiskey. It was completely worthless. Instead of using words like "smoky", "toffee", "oak", "smooth", "vanilla" etc., etc., etc. he used descriptors such as "charming", "flirtatious", and "lively"
What an asshole. Thanks for the advertisement for Irish whiskey in general, douchebag. Rod Smith, you should be fired. And who the fuck nurses a bottle of Irish whiskey for an entire year?

1 Comments:

At 9:16 PM, Blogger The Head said...

Ash-hole, it's like you've never met me. My relationship with the BK commercials is very complex.

ED, I loved Memento.
Crash was a turd.
And isn't it "underwear"? I refyoos 2 take kritisism frum sumwon that can't spel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home