Thursday, September 02, 2004

Dog

I forgot yesterday to mention "Dog: The Bounty Hunter".
It's a new show on A+E and I actually changed the channel from The World Series of Poker to watch it.
So wonderful. "Dog" is an ex-biker/ ex-con/ born-again christian that is considered, by magazines that consider these things, to be "The World's Best Bounty Hunter". He has definitely apprehended some Big Time Crooks. The date raping Max Factor heir Andrew Luster being the one I remember (Luster totally looks like a rapist too). Some people may remember last year Dog was in the news b/c he got arrested in Mexico for illegally detaining Luster but still managed to get him to the US for trial.
I remember they had a picture of him (Dog) on CNN last year and were calling him "The World's Greatest Bounty Hunter". I remember thinking "Wow he looks like a Macho Man Randy Savage wannabe."
Now his show is on. Holy shit. I watched the double shot of Dog and I was trying to pick out a reference to date the show. Everyone is eighties-riffic. Dog is in a sleeveless muscle shirt. Oh yeah, a MESH sleeveless muscle shirt. And those Zubaz-like bodybuilding pants. And a SWEET thinning hair mullet. Everyone on the show looks similar to this style. I really thought that it was shot years ago and they are showing it now.
Then Dog said "In the words of Donald Trump - You're fired." And the whole world spun around me. IT'S NOW! They're being filmed NOW! That's the way they are NOW!
I should have realized that their cell phones seemed modern too.
Anyway, I love this show. It's like a more ridiculous "Cops". All of the criminals are shirtless, Dog lectures them when they are in custody, etc.
Watch it.

On a side note, for the pinnacle of ridiculousness, give a listen to Randy Savage singing "I'm Back". This point is not related to "Dog" except in that their appearance is so similar.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home