Wednesday, October 06, 2004

I get no respect...

R.I.P. Rodney Dangerfield. Tonight you all are to watch "Caddyshack" and hoist one to Rodney's memory. Or, if your video store is out, get "Easy Money" another classic.

On a separate note. I love "Dog: The Bounty Hunter" even more. They had four on in a row last night. So wonderful.

There was one annoying commercial last night though. It's an anti-smoking commercial. This girl is talking about her old cigarette addiction. "Cigarettes ruled my life. I always had to make sure I had enough cigarettes for the night. I had to make sure I had matches to light them and everything."
It's like a William S. Burroughs heroin speech except - for cigarettes! I can see where this is going: "I stole to get cigarettes."; "I robbed a liquor store to get cigarettes."; "I sucked dick for cigarettes."
All of those anti-smoking commercials actually make me want to smoke. Maybe that's the point since they're often made by Phillip Morris.
They're actually worse than the whole "Smoking Pot Makes You Get Pregnant" commercials.

"Kingpin" has got some great lines.
"How's life?"
"Taking forever."

Reminds me of all the people that used to go in my grandfather's bar. One thing that taught us, as The Evil Twin said so well, is for some people it's hard to die.

Where ar eyou St. Jude? Are you still alive? If not, you were too beautiful for this world anyways. Seriously, congrats to St. Jude for getting a job. Even if it is with those damn Episcopalians.
Papists rule!

Also, I'm addicted to Alpine Bagels/Freshens "Blueberry Wave" smoothies. Anyone know how to make them?

And no, not yet. Stay at work.


5 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger Some Warrior said...

Dearest Head, I am embarassed and appalled by your pathetic "tribute" to the late, GREAT Rodney Dangerfield. Head, i expected better of you as a blogger and as my husband.

Rodney Dangerfield was my role model. He was the fashion-forward millionaire country-clubbing uncle, sexually-molesting abusive father, and reluctant teetotalling grandfather that i never had (except when i watched those movies). Although i never knew him, i loved the man. From his bulging crazy eyes to his high-waisted pants, the man exemplified the ordinary, pathetic but lovable loser that made it big in a world of mass produced beauty and egotism.

So my hat is off to you, Mr. Dangerfield, sweet prince of comedy. Vaya con dios. I'll be hoisting one to you tonight, fine sir, as i force the Head to stay home from poker-night to grieve with me as we watch Caddyshack, and recall the time Turbo busted out some moves Dangerfield-style to Journey at the Bob Inn. In closing, lets remember our fallen hero and his 82 full years of hookers, booze, drugs, and comedy. You might say "So what?" I say "So let's dance."

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger The Head said...

Turbo, The Head commands you to go to the Bob Inn tonight and dance to "Anyway you want it".
The Head commands all of my non-Turbo Chicago peeps to go to the Bob Inn tonight and watch Turbo dance to "Anyway you want it".
That is all.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger The Head said...

Oh yeah, and send me pictures to post.

 
At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Head, sorry but I didn't see your post until right now, so I didn't get a chance to go down to the Bob Inn and do the Rodney dance to "Anyway you want it". But, Ash-hole, Trickybone, and I got good and drunk last night in memory of Rodney. Or maybe it was just to get drunk. I don't remember. I was pretty drunk.

Turbo

 
At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Triple Lindy!!

MCK

 

Post a Comment

<< Home