Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Fucking little goblins

So these gremlins have been stealing my clothes at night and retailoring them. Those sick little bastards make everything smaller.

Did not watch The Contender. But I am mad at it. A reality boxing show, and Sylvester Stallone gets top billing over Sugar Ray Fucking Leonard???? I mean I like Rocky and all but c'mon.

Sore. Soooooore. Legs hurt. Back hurts.

Nala is finally coming out of that fucking room and interacting somewhat with the others. That makes me very happy.

I've noticed I can't type, spell, etc. today. It's been tough writing those sentences so I'm stopping.

Addition:
I was thinking about the questions asked at the doctor's and I always answer that I'm a "moderate" drinker. In all actuality, I'd would guess I'm a "heavy" drinker.
What adjective would you use to describe your drinking and explain it please? "Heavy" is >4 nights a week >4 drinks a night but doesn't affect work and you rarely drink at work (hardly ever here but in Chicago ED, Fat Nick, Don, et al. made me.)
"Social" is less than 3x a week, 2-6 drinks an episode; "Problem" is conistently (as in on the order of years - we all go on benders for a few weeks) 6-7x a week, >8 drinks/day. "Occasional" is <1/week.
I'm especially eager to hear the Chicago folks' lies.

That line of thinking started because Bukowski died today in '94. I'm becoming less confident in me being a "heavy" drinker but am having trouble finding a better description.

P.S. I love his tombstone. It says "Don't Try" on it.

6 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Blogger The Head said...

ED, I was thinking the same thing. I'm a mormon if you compare me to Buk.

Ash-hole, the adjective that best describes your drinking is "unsettling"

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Some Warrior said...

My drinking is: EPIC

 
At 2:22 AM, Blogger Joshua said...

The government defines heavy drinking as "consuming five or more drinks on a single occassion five or more times in a month." But I've had doctors tell me that having five or more drinks a week (even if on separate days) is "heavy" use for health purposes.

Personally, if I don't vomit then it's all cool. And if I do vomit, that means I'm just getting started.

 
At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, let me say, that maybe I don't go to the doctor enough, but I have NEVER had a doctor ask me to define my drinking. I'm just saying is all.

But if I had to, I'd like to go with BINGE.

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger The Head said...

Obviously you've never had shingles at 22.
I always get asked how much do you drink/smoke/do drugs etc.
Maybe you should get a new dr.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger The Head said...

Yeah, to some people any amount of drinking is excessive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home