Monday, August 01, 2005

You mean bitch.

Whew! Last night we had T-Bone, Erin, and David (from the liquor store) over for dinner. We really outdid ourselves. I began drinking gin, cointreau, and lime juice (I'm sure this is a drink - if not it's basically a gin margarita). Then we busted out some white wine (Yelcho Sauvignon Blanc) and Lady Head made a kick ass traditional caesar salad from scratch (anchovy filets, raw egg, and all). Then we started drinkning David's wine, which was friggin' wonderful and way too expensive for us to afford. The main course was leg of rabbit with a bourbon mustard glaze (I used two cups (!) of bourbon for the friggin glaze!) accompanied by oven-roasted rosemary potatoes. Then we had coffee and a marbled chocolate tart for dessert (my new favorite creation). Then we had some dessert wine (brought by T-Bone and Erin) that was kind of sauternes-like but wasn't a sauternes (was wonderful). Then we repaired to the back patio for some Williams pear brandy and many cigarettes.
The only snafu was when I took the rabbit out of the oven to check its doneness. When I put it back in I didn't notice the potholder stuck to the bottom. Flames, chaos, and much smokiness ensued.

Beyond that, Lady Head and I watched "SNL: The Best of Christopher Walken" and all I can say is WTF? How the fuck do you have this and not include "Stalker Talk"?

P.S. Note the return of Talula on the peeps list. Now we just get Kid Awesome back and we'll be in business.

2 Comments:

At 4:50 AM, Blogger Joshua said...

"accompanied by oven-roasted rosemary potatoes. Then we had coffee and a marbled chocolate tart for dessert (my new favorite creation). Then we had some dessert wine (brought by T-Bone and Topiary Girl) that was kind of sauternes-like but wasn't a sauternes (was wonderful). Then we repaired to the back patio for some Williams pear brandy"

are you sure you aren't a gay man from 1950?

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger The Head said...

Well, I do have an impeccable sense of style.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home