Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Yay me!

OK, so yesterday was my birthday. Although we weren't going to celebrate it until the end of the week since Lady Head has her Quals on Thursday.
So yesterday morning I was pretty bummed. Just in general. Back in the old days me, ED, Ash-hole, etc. would have been drinking already.
So it's getting close to my birthminute and I'm like "There's no fucking way I'm going to be sitting alone in lab pretending to work when that rolls around." So I decide to sneak out and go home and see Lady Head and the mammals.
I go home and WTF? Lady Head is nowhere to be found (she was supposed to be home studying all day.
So I decide to take a nap. Pretty soon Kraepelin and Orson are up in bed with me and I'm the snoring bulldog and velvety hot water bottle are improving my mood. Purkinje and P-Lo stop by to say hi and even Nala got in on the act.
On a side note, Nala roams around all the time now and seems to be doing great.
So then I hear "What are you doing home?"
It's Lady Head. She closes the door and says not to come out.
Long story short, she had a cake and presents for Head. DVDs (Big Trouble in Little CHina, Gator, all three Smokey and the Bandits, and Sin City - the Marv cover [Eat it Ash-hole!]). So I had a birthday party after all.
But, no time to dawdle, I had to get back to work in time to leave for the wine-tasting. Oh no!
A high speed journey later and I'm drinking at The Acorn. Pretty kick ass. The find of the night was KitFox vineyards. I would have never bought anything called "Foxy Red" or "Foxy White" but they're really good and inexpensive. Check them out.
Plus I may join the City Club now. Booze, golf, food, and poker. Guess I need to take up golf. Huggala Huggala Huggala!

And then tonight we have a wine dinner. I'm sure I'll be charming as hell considerign I've been drinking for about a week straight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home