Friday, September 03, 2004

Rethinking the whole blockbuster pass thing.

OK, now that I've seen every movie on my A, B, and C list Blockbuster has, I'm pretty much dredging the pond. Almost any new release is fair game b/c I haven't seen it.
Here's the problem. "Taking Lives". Sickeningly bad. Not even in the "so bad it's watchable" genre. Just awful. A neverending shitpile of a movie.
And Angelina Jolie can't act. Plus she's got those caterpillars stuck to her face. I don't see the attraction there. They're huge and wrinkled and her bottom lip actually has a cleft in it.
Other than that she's attractive. But she can't act.
That movie sucked ass. You can see them putting in plot twists that have been done to death. And the ending. Ugh.
Just really terrible.
If I don't play cards tonight I'm going to watch "Mystic River" tonight. We'll see. I don't have high hopes for this movie. I'm anticipating some serious overacting in it.

I wonder what would happen if you could magically substitute Chris Penn for Sean Penn in all of his movies? I bet they'd all be wicked awesome.
Do the same with Daniel Baldwin substituting for Alec. Again, awesome. Can you imagine "Thomas the Tank Engine" with a coked-up Daniel?

Speaking of, you must see Daniel Baldwin's performance when he was on the World Poker Tour. Priceless. Geeked out of his skull, chanting "I'm the devil. Don't bet into the devil." Everyone was afraid of him. The ladies (Jennifer Tilly and Ming Na especially. They were saying that he was "scary" when they did the fluff interview with them. They didn't even do the standard interview with Danny-boy when he was knocked out.

Also, I'm considering lifting the boycott on Sonic. As much as those two tools in the commercial enrage me, the damn slushies, burgers, and new breakfast burrito with TATER TOTS (!) in it are wearing my resistance down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home