Friday, October 15, 2004

So we went to Boscos for drinks. I started with porters but then won the raffle to tap the cask conditioned keg. Tapped with a wooden mallet, so of course I got sprayed. But I get the first beer out of it, a commemorative glass, and in a drawing to get a trip to the Great American Beer Festival. They're posting the pic online but it's not there yet.
And then we went home and guess what was on... "Zulu"!
Sweet. My favorite character is Colour Sergeant Bourne. He's a total badass. Michael Caine is awesome too. At the beginning he's the typical English dandy and by the end he's battle hardened. Hooky is pretty sweet too.
Beyond that, not much else - read some of "Absinthe: A Cultural History" (pretty good so far) and watched Adult Swim.
Still working on something interesting for the day. Maybe post later.

3 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Arbysday!

Hot Rod

 
At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Head, in your previous post you mentioned that your lab is being published in Nature, and Cheddarback was telling me about a deadly flu virus that a group came up with whose findings will be published in Nature soon. Are you and them one in the same? Or is this just your typical "Rats don't like it when you put acid in their eyes" findings?

Congrats on the beer. I got the first beer out of the six pack that I drank last night. Is that as cool as what you got?

Turbo

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger The Head said...

Don't worry, I'm working on the antidote.
And Happy Arbysday back, Hot Rod Kane.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home