Monday, December 20, 2004

Ugh

Big boy poker tournament yesterday. Started with 2014 people. With 250 left I was 22nd in chips. They paid the top 225 and 1st place was $85K. Over a 8-1 favorite against another all-in big stack with one card to come and I get el shafterino. A couple of hands later I'm out in 234th with no money. That ace doesn't come on the river and I'm coasting to at least $1500 with a good shot at a five figure payday.
Sorry, trying to avoid poker talk on this here blog, but just had to bitch. Lots o' money there. We were gonna have a party and everyone was coming. Next time I'll get it.

The Evil Twin came into town yesterday and is staying through Xmas and possibly New Year's. The Ash-holes are coming in town Weds. for Xmas. Gonna be a blast. I went to the liquor store and stocked up. Vic sent me a Omaha Steaks gift pack. Like 30 pieces of meat (filets, strips, pork, fish) and potatoes etc. For Xmas itself, we're doing the rack of lamb, etc. (as always these days).
For new year's we are having a vodka party. We're making pitchers of madrases, salty dogs, screwdrivers, bloody mary's, and martinis. Kid Awesome (nee St. Jude) will be coming down from Cleveland for the festivities.

Lady Head bought me a big flat panel TV for Xmas. Pretty excited about it. I get it the day after Xmas.

Tired today. The ET and I went to a party at this theater last night. Good time. Paying for it today. Not hungover, just tired.

Head out!

5 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Blogger Isabella said...

Head, please don't tell me you actually have a twin?

How has the world survived it?

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger The Head said...

Fraternal.
I have no idea how the world has made it. He lives the Henry Miller life so we are often in different hemispheres. Maybe that's it.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Some Warrior said...

Turbo, its a 43" Panasonic LCD projection TV. Too big for our family room, in my opinion, but the Head is spoiled so he gets what he wants. How awesome of a wife am i? I'll answer that: pretty fucking awesome. Better ask the Head if Lady Head will have any presents under the tree this year. Cuz as of right now, i dont see any for me and someone else is getting a big TV...

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger The Head said...

A. I bought you a big ass treadmill that you've been using.
B. You'll have a lot more presents than I do under the tree b/c I'm a sweet husband. There's a list you made taped in front of my primary shitter. Subtle.
C. I'll keel you all.

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger RahX said...

That is one sweet TV dude. Enjoy it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home