Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Fuck you, you fucking Scrooges

Turbo has inspired me to do a Christmas post. Basically it can be boiled down to this "I love Xmas, and anyone who doesn't is an asshole."
But, since this is a blog I do have to say more.
I'm so sick of all the cool kids complaining about the (pick one) fakeness of, consumerism of, religiousness of, family obligations of, or constuctedness (is that a word?) of xmas (the list goes on and on). It's xmas! I don't care if you're christian, muslim, jewish, agnostic, hindi, atheist or what. It's the season for getting together with your loved ones. Both my parents and all my grandparents are dead and most of the rest of my family is estranged, but I still love xmas, jerk. This xmas is the first one in our house. We are having the Ash-holes and my crackhead brother out for about a week. It's about the love, you fucksticks. Also, chances are you may get an extra day or two off work. And a license to overeat and overdrink b/c of all the parties. Parties all the time!
Sure there are assholes about but, all in all, comeplete strangers are wishing each other a merry xmas. I fucking love going to the mall during xmas season. I love xmas music. I love xmas decorations. I love xmas parties. I love the food, the booze, the presents, everything. I love fucking xmas - period.
If you don't, you are all a bunch of jerks. That's my opinion. And here, my opinion is LAW, motherfuckers!
Did you ever think that maybe trying to enjoy the season a little may put a smile on some of your friends and relatives' face? Is that such a horrible thing?
But for fuck's sake - get a fake tree. Cutting down a real one so it can stand in your living room for a couple of weekes is way fucked.
Merry Christmas from The Head!

4 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger Some Warrior said...

Yes, save the trees fucksticks! People Against the Merciless Killing of Firs for Xmas unite!!! (PAMKFX?). Once, someone told me that it was okay to kill trees for Xmas, because the trees were grown just for that purpose. That person was a vegetarian. He did not like it when i said that the animals i eat were also just bred for the purpose of me eating them (i.e. delicious cows).

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger The Head said...

GF - people should just buy you things if they don't want you to steal.
"newport smoking messenger of jesus" - love it SJ.
Mr. Wells - good to have you back. Use all the space you want.
Bella - of course you can use it. Keep it in fact. I'm honored a writer such as yourself enjoys my prose.
Turbo - rage is the great equalizer. They're yuppies anyways, take them down!

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Isabella said...

Ok, i have to tell you, watched some artsy fartsy Norwegian film last night, ELLING and it was the best damn X-mas spirit movie EVAH.

It is about the love.

i'm sappy today.

 
At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For obvious reasons, I'm posting this anonymously. The reason I hate Christmas is because of the affect it has on the people around me. I detest going to Aunt Betty's house and watch her have a coronary because the stuffing didn't come out exactly right and of course a major fight breaks out because cousin Ralph is ten minutes late and my sister locks herself in the bathroom because someone asked why she isn't married yet and I'm forced to smile politely when everyone wants to know when I'm getting a job. Frankly, I can live without it.

But Merry Christmas anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home