Saturday, January 08, 2005

The future is coming on, is coming on, is coming on

Doing great today! Thanks for asking!
Went out to some new oyster bar for happy hour with The Owl and company. It's great. It's right between my building and the parking garage. Now that walk is much less taxing.
Then I came home and Lady Head and I watched "The Stepford Wives." Was better than everyone said. Entertained us but that could have been due to our pharmacolocigally enhanced moods.
Then this morning we had a fabulous breakfast of corned beef hash and eggs and took Nacho to the pet store.
I'm enthusiastic about my job on several fronts: 1) Raise and office, 2) Exciting grant that is likely to get funded, and 3) that anatomy fellowship. Also, The Owl informed me that I should tell Lady Head that, now that he's my boss, I will be required to work later hours (read: go to happy hours).
Winning at poker today. Good b.m.'s. Good workouts this week. Tonight I have a cheese party to go to (not as in lame as in dairy). They're also serving brandy alexanders and other old school cocktails.
The world is my oyster.

Another caveat about the smart people thing. If you are arguing about a subject and said subject is the other person's vocation, usually they have the right to invoke their job in the discussion and most of the time you should defer. This is mostly when there's a "right" or mostly right answer. For example, if I'm arguing finance (terrible example since I know nothing about money) and the guy I'm talking to says he's an investment banker I probably should defer to him. If we are arguing neuroscience, he should probably defer to me.
There are a lot of exceptions, especially for opinion arguments. For example, if we are arguing books and the guy (or gal - I'm not trying to be sexist here, just saving space although I guess just adding the gal to the earlier example is probably 50 characters or so cheaper than this explanation) says he's an english major, writer, critic, etc. then his vocation has less to do with it. Same with music or movies. Vocation can't trump taste.

I am uber-pumped for a new season of The Shield in March. Best show on television.

Also, I've got a big chubby for the remake of Kojak. Ving Rhames can do it. I can feel a winner.

The new season of Carnivale begins tomorrow. Maybe now I'll find out what's going on.

New season of 24 also tomorrow.

Notice the new addition of Randall form Waxing Pathetic on the sidebar. Wonderful blog (and a hit with the ladies too). Props to Bella for showing me the way.

Also notice the removal of Kid Awesome (nee St. Jude). WTF brah?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home