Friday, January 07, 2005

superstar, smokin' on a cigar; litle homies know who the O.G.s are

There appears to be some confusion about my smart people bashing. Maybe "smart people" should have been in quotes. I would never try and stop debate. I've spent many a night arguing on the Ash-hole's back porch, the Bob Inn, Sullivan's, etc. And I am a firm believer that if someone says something stupid they should be corrected. And be told why they're wrong. My problem is with the "resume smart" people. The people who think that where they went to school, the degrees they have, what they do, their test/IQ scores, the class they took, the book they read etc. makes them right without any debate. Their word is gospel and you half-bright morons should take it as such. Those are the people I hate.

Moving on, I watched The Third Man last night and was enraged. One of the DVD extras they give is an interview with Peter Bogdanovich about the movie. I fucking hate Peter Bogdanovich. There's several documentary-type shows (especially Easy Riders, Raging Bulls ) that talk about directors in the 70's and how they saved hollywood, were these visionary geniuses, etc. and fucking Peter Bogdanovich is in every one talking all high and mighty about cinema and such. And a lot of the movies and directors they're talking about suck (Roger Corman and The Wild Angels). They're taking these crap, cheap B movies and talking about them like they're the greatest thing ever. Revolutionary work fellas.
Now I know what your thinking: Head, you love shitty movies. You're right, I do. But these guys are total jerkoffs. So basically, instead of huge budget bombs you manage to make a bunch of shitty movies that make money for the studio and all of a sudden you're Fritz Lang? That's what most of the movies today are, shitty but they make money.
You guys are assholes.
I hate Peter Fonda too.
I anticipate a spirited response from the ED.

2 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Blogger the hun said...

Yeah, I was just being a poont about the smart-people thing.

Who the fuck is Peter Bogdanovich?

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger The Head said...

Just had to clarify it.

Petey is a jerkoff director and actor. Probably his two most famous movies are "Paper Moon" and "The Last Picture Show."

You may have seen him as Lorraine Bracco's shrink on "The Sopranos".

Total jerkoff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home