Thursday, March 09, 2006

"Don't Try"



Well today in 1994 Bukowski died.
They're making the movie Factotum. Any excitement I have about another Bukowski movie is crushed because the star is Matt Dillion. As much as I like Dillion this is very worrisome. Way too pretty and prone to overacting. He'll probably have abs and everything.
Blech.

Edit: Just saw the trailer and I still want to see this movie. WTF is Marisa Tomei doing in it though?
Also, as KA pointed out. The title is "Factotum" but under that is "(man of many jobs)". I hate that little addition.

Kid Awesome was going to post on this since he's writing papers in grad school on Bukowski - and he's a massive disappointment - which would give his thoughts on Bukowski's work some weight. But when you depend on stinky alcoholics to write something you're often left high-and-dry.

I've bounced around the blogosphere and am entertained by people that don't drink, smoke, or fuck (actually are quite opposed to it) who love Bukowski.
Weird.

In other news, some guy contacted me with a job offer.
Details to follow.

1 Comments:

At 2:08 AM, Blogger Joshua said...

I drink, smoke and like to pretned I fuck but I hate Bukowski. He is numero uno on the Abortion Time Machine List.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home