Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Labor and Aliens

Ahh, Labor Day. No matter what is asked of you just point out it's Labor Day, no laboring allowed.
Saw AVP last night. Was about what I expected happily enough. Why they didn't make this movie earlier is beyond me.
The point I'd like to make is how shitty parents are. I'm referring to what I like to call the "Jurassic Park Phenomena". This is where parents bring their kids to very inappropriate movies. It gets its name from the three Jurassic Park movies. I saw all of them in the theater and, sure enough, screaming hysterical kids everytime. I can see the little bastards: "Mommy, mommy, I wanna see the DINOSAURS!" and they go, and it's scary, and they scream, and I want to kill them all.
OK, maybe I can see the Jurassic Park thing. After all we're constantly pushing the dinosaurs on kids. But Alien vs. Predator? The Alien franchise is built along tension and big, scary monsters jumping out at you and ripping you to pieces. Dark, tight corridors, monsters erupting from chests, all of the likeable people dying a gory death. WTF? Why would you bring an 8 year old to this thing?
What kind of psychos would even think of bringing their kids to this? Movies are not babysitters. Instead of paying $6 for each kid, use that money for a babysitter.
I fucking hate kids in movies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home