Monday, October 03, 2005

Fuck you Roy Jones Jr.

Fuck you, you lazy, timid cocksucker.
Did any of you see the "fight" on saturday? What a travesty. One round Jones threw eight punches. Not landed, threw (he landed one of those). Eight. In the entire round. It was disgusting. I was watching it with about 15 people and we were all just amazed.
Now Jones' heart hasn't been in it for a few years. I guess when you're considered the best of all time for so long you may lose some of that drive. So sure, spend more time training fighting cocks in Mexico. Put out an album. What? A bit part in one of the Matrix movies? Sure why not.
But Tarver dropped him last time. I assumed that this would motivate Jones. Gotta think of the legacy and all. Plus he got his dad back as a trainer.

Wow, was I fucking wrong. He spent most of the fight dancing around, doing his Roy Jones Jr. thing. Hands down, tongue out - showboating. He managed to land a good punch here and there until about the 5th round. Just one punch at a time. No combos, no follow up.
After that, he just tried to avoid getting hit. Still almost got knocked the fuck out.

It's sad. I loved Roy Jones Jr. No one came close. And now he's a piece of shit. It's kind of like the first time I saw Color of Money. It's an OK movie on its own I guess. I'm guessing because if you've ever seen The Hustler it's one of the most depressing movies of all time. Paul Newman is... so...old. C'mon, you're Paul fucking Newman. He should have been killed after Slapshot.

And yes, part of it is that I lost a bundle. The idealism in me said that Jones was gonna win this one. He took money out of Lady Head's pocket.

Also, fuck the Cleveland Indians. Not to channel my grandfather but - what a bunch of bums. How many times can you screw up a great situation?
More money out of Lady Head's pockets.

Lastly, I don't like the new theme song on "The Batman" cartoon.
I like the old one much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home