Wednesday, November 10, 2004

The Head on Fashion

OK, several people have commented on my keen fashion sense so I thought I'd share some of it with you. After all, clothes make The Head.
First off, undies. I enjoy the boxer briefs. I also wear boxers. My current boxer brief is Fruit of the Loom. The length is perfect. Not too short, not too long. Length is important. And pretty colors.
Socks, anything works.
OK,
Pants. Day to day, you gotta go with the Adidas warmup pants. Good for anything. I like the soft ones that have a slight sheen to them. Got to be careful with your choice here. I don't like the plastic-ey ones. They should feel like pajama bottoms. Break-aways are cool at first but in the long run they're not worth it. Trust me. Also, make sure they are the ones with deep pockets as your cell-phone and shit can fall out in the car if not.
For non-warm up pants, khakis or cargo pants. Due to lifting's effects on my legs jeans aren't as comfortable as they are on chicken legged people. Still I do go with the wide-leg cut for my jeans. I find jeans pretty restrictive.
Cargo shorts are pretty standard in decent weather.
All in all, as the Ash-hole would say, pants suck, so normally, as soon as I walk in the door at home, everything comes off and I'm sitting in a pair of mesh shorts. Mesh shorts have to be the single greatest clothing invention of all time. So comfortable. Swing by any college bookstore and pick up a couple of pair. But don't get the ones with pockets. NO POCKETS.
Shirts. T-shirts of course. The good ones are of a relatively thin material. The bottom should hang down past your belt only a couple of inches. Sleeve length is important. Not too short or too long. The sleeve should end 1/2 way between the bottom of your deltoid and your elbow. And get the right size. An oversized, thick fabric t-shirt with too long of sleeves says "I'm one of those toothless, junkie, transvestite hookers you see on Cops." A tight, too short sleeved shirt says you're a conceited dildo. Might as well roll them up, Fonzie.
Wife beaters are a must. For other tank tops I go with the ringed old navy ones.
For stuff where t-shirts and tank tops aren't OK usually a polo shirt will work. Anything that requires a more formal dress you shouldn't be going to. I recently discovered the golf shirt on me, which I like. I stole some Nike ones from Big Ron and they seem to do me well. Problem is, they have to be tucked in which I'm not a big fan of. Cramps my style.
Another must have is the Adidas warm-up top. Yeah, with the pants it makes a tracksuit, which is sweet, but they can be worn separately. I love the jacket with jeans.
Shoes, recently, are the Salomon amphibious ones. My little brother Andy sent me a pair and I love them. Tying shoes are for suckers. Any thing that requires dressier shoes than something you can workout in - you shouldn't be there either.
OK, that's it for now. Female fashion comes tomorrow.
Yeah, it's 12:40 and I'm home from work. The missus said I could get a new PS2 so I've got a bad case of GTA fevah!


4 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Blogger Isabella said...

"And pretty colors"--

Head, you have really done it with this post--covered all the fashion essentials.

Your points are well substantiated, coherently argued, evidence in the form of example (transvestite hookers on Cops) is offered, technically perfect.

On your choices, well, first of all, i'm female and thus unfit to judge but allow me a moment of hypothetical indulgence:

I'm down with using comfort as a major determinate-- totally support the choice of boxers, mesh shorts, thin materialed t-shirts, adidas warm-up pants and non-tyed shoes. However, i have to go for something a little flashier as a single dewd and might want to throw in some serious pimp-wear. I'm thinkin' a couple button up shirts, loose, wildly patterned in bright colors.

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger The Head said...

Oh snap, I totally forgot the loud shirts. The Head is totally down with these and I have a closet full of them. Also the thermal underwear-type shirts.
Got to show off the goods though. How you like that chest hair ladies?
Typical single dewd outfit: Those shitty leather european-style shoes that make your feet look long as hell, those jeans with the distressed look, and a long sleeved patterned dress shirt (untucked). Bars are full of these guys. And they use hair stick on their melons.
Seriously Bella, looking at a dewd's clothes. You gold digger.

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Isabella said...

Give me a moment to laugh hysterically at the image of the Head saying "oh snap".

Ok. WTF? Why you all gotta' be hatin' on the loudly patterned untucked button shirt? I love that shit. serious.

Me, a gold digger? Puh-lease. If i have one more poor boyfriend whose genius just hasn't been recognized by the rest of the world yet my parents are going to start introducing me to nice young women.

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger The Head said...

No, seriously, I do wear a shitload of loud shirts.
And thank you for introducing the prospects of hot girl-on-girl action to the Headosphere.
And St. jude, it's spelled "Zubaz". A rough time in my style career. But they were cutoff and in that form they rival the mesh shorts for comfort.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home