Monday, November 08, 2004

Back in Black

Back from Cleveland with our new doggie, Nacho. Pictures are coming.
A good time was had by all. Friday we went to see Baby on Board. She seems to be doing a LOT better than I'd be doing that's for sure. I would have killed everyone by now. For the backstory go read her blog and tell me she's not a friggin' rock.

Saturday we went and picked up our rental. An Aztek. Actually, not a bad little car. Then we were off to St. Jude's place. We went and got Mr. Hero for lunch (Wonderful) and then watched Tremors 4. I didn't even know they made a fourth one. But St. Jude watched about 4 seconds of it and said "Oh, this is the Tremors set in the old west". I must bow to him in regards to watching really, REALLY bad movies and TV (and I'm no slouch myself in that department).
Then we went bar hopping. Now in Cleveland with Big Ron we go club-hopping. With St. Jude we go to very different places. Wonderful dive bars. First was Hotz. A little closet of a bar with cheap drinks and a weird chick bartender. It's here that Lady Head found her true calling. Professional Shuffleboard player. Seriously, it was the first time she played and she was quite the asskicker. There's was a tournament about to start so all of the regular players were there and Lady Head beat them. She's got natural talent there. Truly amazing since she lacks any motor skills at all in anything else (darts, walking, carrying shit, trying to drink without spilling her vodka all over the couch, etc.).

Then we went to Dempsy's for beers (St. Pauli's for some reason) and shots of JD. Pictures to follow.

Then we were off to the Starkweather. Fishbowls of Pabst and shots of Jack. GREAT jukebox here. Leonard Cohen, Tom Waits, AC/DC,Patsy Cline, Flogging Molly etc., etc.

We got drunk. Real drunk. Tall-tale drunk (The Ash-hole's term). Am I exaggerating? Well, at one point St. Jude was playing the Megatouch game at the bar. With. His. Penis. Classy.

Then it's dinner time. So we went to see Lady Jude, who was working at Lava. I had baked brie, potato leek soup, and BBQ ribs. Here I made the mistake of drinking martinis (Hendrick's gin, I like it although I wouldn't call it gin).

Off to St. Jude's place where we watched Rounders.
Now I like poker a lot and I've seen this movie a couple of times. It SUCKS. Seriously. It's terrible. A total cheesefest. Normally I love John Tuturro but everything he says in this movie is awful. Matt Damon is lame. Just one cheesy line after another. The only good thing about it is Edward Norton who, as always, is friggin sweet.

Well, after that was beddy-by time. Woke up about 3:30 feeling like death. Lady Head woke me up at 7ish, at which point we went and picked up Nacho and drove the 8 hours to Nashville.
All I can say, besides that driving hungover sucks, is that wow are there some fat fucking people out there. I mean fucking FAT. Rest stops seem to draw them like flies. Just friggin gigundous fatbodies.

Despite this, I am turning into a fat bastard myself. I gotta lose some weight. So The Head's gonna start running. Maybe cut out a whopper sometimes? Here's my diet yesterday. 2 bacon, egg, and cheese extra value meals form McDonald's; Reeses's pieces blizzard from DQ, Tendercrisp chicken sandwich meal form BK, large cheesesteak and fries. I'm awesome. And fat. Interestingly, that's probably the first time since high school I went to BK and didn't get a burger. I just liked those tendercrisp commercials.

Got home and introduced Nacho to the kitties. P-Lo and Purkinje hid under the bed. Kraepelin is a fucking psycho. He just kept following the dog around. It's like his new friend. That cat is totally fearless.

Oh, does anyone know what the fuck was up with Adult Swim last night?

2 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Blogger The Head said...

The old guy was funny but the rest of the show was lame.
I was pissed b/c I wanted some Squidbillies.
Pretty excited about more Venture Bros. I have all of the Sealabs.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger The Head said...

Don't worry Miss Friday, I'll still be all that is man.
I'm just not the rocked up killing machine I normally am. Southern life is making me soft.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home