Friday, January 21, 2005

Dumb as a bag of hammers

Wow. Since I can't actually do any work today I've been cruisin' 'round the 'net looking at random 'blogs.
And wow. There are some really dumb fucking people out there. I mean just straight up morons. I know most people are stupid but not this many most people. This many most people with internet access at least.
And they're all trying to be intelligent! Which makes it worse.
Now, I realize that, while I am a stone pimp in neuroscience and a few other subjects, I'm basically a dumbass in everything else. (You can probably tell that so why am I giving it time?) But these people are REALLY fucking dumb.
Can't debate to save their life. It's just spitting platitudes and soundbytes (ha ha, computer wordplay - maybe I'm actually brilliant?) that someone else thought of back and forth. I love when they cite stuff too. Naturally, they send you to the website that supports their ideas, no matter how insane. The internet is not peer-reviewed, people. Just because someone posted it does not make it true (except for my peeps list - their words are Law. That's why they're on my peeps list).
Just idiots elsewhere though.

And another point I thought of when I was reading about all the protests. Now, Bush sucks the big one, but I am annoyed by the signs that say "Not my president."
Aren't you missing the point of our democracy here? I guarantee if Kerry won (let's just let that thought hang for a second...sigh) and all the ig'nant 'necks were saying "Not my president" these same assholes out protesting now would be giving a social studies lecture to those 'necks with a fucking bullhorn. If you have a "Not my president" sign, bumper sticker, etc. you're pretty much an asshole. He is your president, and mine, no matter how much we didn't want it. Jerkoff.

OK, enough of that. Let's love each other. It's Friday and I needs to go get my drink on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home