Friday, January 21, 2005

Poop.

So dinner was somewhat of a disappointment last night. Overall was good but they were crazy busy so service was spotty. And our waiter (who was a dead ringer for Neil Young) and another waiter recommended some subpar wines (weird since they supposedly have a kickass wine tasting every week).
High points were: they have the greatest ceasar salad EVAH! And I love Ceasar salads. It's one of these assemble-at-your-table jobbies. Totally old school with the anchovies, etc. Lady Head and I agree on it's wonderfulness. Desserts were fantastico. I almost nut in my pants over their chocolate pecan pie tort thingie. 3) The coffee was really good too so they gave me a bag of grounds.
The baked brie was so so but the peach chutney with it really improved it. My ribeye was huge and pretty good.

Then we went home and watched "The Village." Was OK, not as terrible as everyone said, but I definitely would of enjoyed it more if I hadn't read a fucking spoiler in a fucking review that gave away the twist!!!! Seriously, any movie critic who gives out a spoiler should be instantly sacked. Assholes.

I am nurturing that little spark of motivation from earlier in the week. It's actually a little flame now. I actually had a pretty good idea for a study while I was lifting this a.m. I think I can get it done completely next week.

Well, the tech is back trying to save all of my data from my computer so I'll probably read all day. For you fellow nerds out there, I just picked up Striedter's "Principles of Brain Evolution" and it's pretty good so far. He seems pretty sharp (he love my stuff at SFN so obviously he knows his shit) and explains well.

OK, tonight we will be having a Head Party (Me, Lady Head, and assorted critters) and screening "Five Fingers of Death."

Hot Rod, you need to post soon. Don't be intimidated, your post doesn't need to be as witty, sensible, and internally consistent as every single one of mine are.

1 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger The Head said...

That last one was from me. Different computer thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home