Thursday, March 17, 2005

Erin Go Braugh, bitch.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
We here at The Head have always been firm supporters of the holiday. But let's be real. The reason's pretty obvious. Yeah, screw the Irish - let's get drunk! (Every year the Evil Doctor gives a nice little mini-rant on how it should be called "Everybody Get Drunk Day." Obviously his Irish sensibilities are offended by the green beer and leprauchans.)
Somehow the Owl managed to trick me into teaching today. So I'm not drinking yet. But at 2:20 CST I'm done and am high-tailing it out of here to tie one on. The funny thing is, my lecture today is "Aggression". Seriously, on St. Patrick's Day. How apropos. Didn't even plan it that way.
Also today it's Match Day for T-Bone (the Nashville one - not you Fat Nick). This is where all the graduating med students find out where they're doing their residencies. It's webcast so all of us in lab are gonna watch it.

Also, this pisses me off. For two reasons. One is Churchill took a big pay cut when he stepped down from the chair and he still fucking makes 94K???!?!!? In the fucking humanities? With no Ph.D.? That's fishy as hell. God-damned extortionist is what he is.
Shit, those "little Eichmanns" in the WTC were his socioeconomic peers. What a dick.

More importantly, I hate that "let's get rid of tenure" thing. Fuck you. That's the brass ring for me, bitches. You think I'd be putting up with this shit for this long if I didn't have the dream of getting tenure and then telling everyone to fuck off, work an abbreviated schedule, hot tubs of strippers, etc. C'mon, for every one asshole like Churchill there's probably 3 of me. Just a kid trying to make it in this crazy mixed up world while doing as little work as possible. I won't be offensive. I won't get in your way. Just give me a nice fat paycheck, an office, job security, and minions and everything will be cool.

Awesomeness level: Gabrial Byrne (since it St. Patrick's Day)

3 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Blogger Isabella said...

my sister is a professor at the University of Michigan medical school.

have i used that to try and prove my intelligence yet?

no.

probably 'cause she doesn't even return my emails. Where were we?

The Life of Riley! yay!

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Isabella said...

Evil Doctor is such a buzz killer.

Faulkner, Joyce, Woolf, . .Calvino, . .other people .. non-sequiturism and stream of consciousness is the new traditional literary hottness.

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger The Head said...

Yes he is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home