Monday, March 14, 2005

Fuck you.

As you may know, I hate those "Truth" anti-smoking ads. They make me want to smoke. And they should make you want to smoke. I always assumed since it was the cigarette companies' money that they intentionally made them the suck (Hun, that one was for you - if you're still around here).
This fuckhole actually thinks they work because they're "hip". What a douchebag.

So I consider my readership fairly knowledgable and will often look to you for answers that I don't know. So, I don't understand why I'm seeing so much advertising for yellow pages (especially "The Yellow Book"). Now maybe I'm wrong, but for me, the phone books magically appear annually on my doorstep. I don't pay for them (that I know of). Do they want me to call whoever is in charge and tell them "I want 'The Yellow Book', not the other book, goddammit!"?
Someone explain it to me.

Weekend was good. Friday I can't really remember what we did, something about movies, etc.
Saturday we went with Madame Nonesuch to see her beau's band. Pretty kickass time. Madame Nonesuch is a classy gal. She can hang. So, I managed to have 6 gin martinis and wow, did that suck the next morning.
Woke up, ate some leftover burgers, watched TV and played poker. Had a couple o' Carlo Rossi's to dull the pain and made it through the day.

These 3 days (Sun, Mon, Tues) are what I've been looking forward to all television year. Sunday is Deadwood, Carnivale, Arrested Development, and Adult Swim. Monday is 24, where Jack Bauer (the ninja) must make a bunch of company paramilitary men his bitches. Then, oh then, Tues is the season premiere of The Shield. I'm so excited I may crap my pants.

Todays awesomeness level: Tom Jones. 'nuff said.

1 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In canada, our cigarette packs have huge colour photos of diseased lungs, and cancerous mouths and stuff that cover half the package. I don't know a single person who has quit because of these warnings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home